Frequently Asked Questions
New to Acupuncture?
Relax! This stuff is easy.
If you're new to acupuncture, it's easy to be nervous for your first visit and not know what to expect. Here's everything you need to know. If you've had acupuncture before, but are new to Inspired Wellness Center here's some questions and answers for you too!
MUST READ FOR NEW PATIENTS: If you are new to our office, here's a few things that'll help make your first visit easier!
- TO FIND OUR OFFICE: Our building has a tax office on the main floor and we are located on the garden level. Pull into the large parking lot and you'll find our front door facing north.
- WHAT TO WEAR: You are welcome to come dressed however you please but we do encourage comfortable clothes when possible! Loose pants that can be pulled up as high as your knees and sleeves that can be pulled up to your elbows.
- WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST VISIT: Plan on arriving 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment and plan on being in our office for 60-90 minutes. We will talk at length about your health history, reason for seeing us and we will get a acupuncture treatment in the first day as well.
- WHAT TO EXPECT ON FOLLOW UP VISITS: Plan on being in our office for about 45-60 minutes. We will have time to discuss any important updates to your health or new concerns and then begin your treatment.
- WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR TREATMENT: You will likely feel quite relaxed after your treatment and feel like taking it easy for the rest of the day. If you have been seen for any kind of pain related issues, we encourage you to refrain from using ice after your visit with us. If you plan to be physically active, then please keep it low impact. If you have other questions after you leave our office always feel free to call or email the office.
- CANCELLATIONS: We do have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy so if you know you won't be able to come to your scheduled appointment then let us know right away. If you are going to be running late to a visit please call our office to let your practitioner know, however if you will be 15 or more minutes late we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- FORMS: New patient paperwork can be found at the link below, we encourage you to fill out the intake form before your visit and a digital copy will be sent to us. If you are unable to complete paperwork before your visit please be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to complete in office.
OTHER COMMON QUESTIONS: Here's the questions we hear the most often!
- "I'm nervous; will this hurt?"- Nope. You shouldn't feel much of anything. The acupuncture needles are about the width of a hair and NOTHING like you are used to with other needles. Most patients report that they don't feel anything when we are putting needles in, and if they do feel something most describe it like a mosquito bite or a little pinch that quickly goes away. Don't worry...we treat lots of toddlers, if they can do it, so can you!
- "Is acupuncture safe?"- Yes. All acupuncture needles are sterile, one time use only needles that get disposed of after each use. There is nothing on the needles, they are just stainless steel. It's where we put them that does the magic!
- "I hate needles, what if I can't do this."- Nobody comes to us loving needles! But don't worry, it's way worse in your head than in real life. Most of our patients doze off during their treatment because they are so relaxed and will tell you it's the best nap they get all week!
- "Do I have to do acupuncture forever to feel better?"- No, ideally we're teaching your body a new normal. There will be some work on the front end to MAKE change, but it should be fairly easy in the long run to KEEP change. Although we expect most patients to feel better even after their first visit, generally we expect obvious change within 3-5 visits so you know for sure that acupuncture is helping. We'll cover a treatment plan on the first visit specific to you!
- "What else can/should I be doing to feel better fast!?"- At the initial appointment we will discuss your entire health history and talk about how acupuncture can help. There is often life style changes we will suggest as well as specific herbs or supplements that will help you feel better faster. These options are entirely up to you however we will give you all the tools you need to change your health and maintain it forever!