Lots of acupuncturists claim that they can help with weight loss, and maybe that’s true. But if you come into my office and ask me if acupuncture helps with weight loss, I will smile and tell you two things.
First, that if it did help, I’d have a line out my door and a mile down the road.
Second, I’d be walking around my office in a bikini (well, maybe not really. That might be considered inappropriate, but you get the gist).
There are things acupuncture can do to help with weight loss. But here’s the problem: you still have to do the work!
That said, here are my top five ways that I think acupuncture can help with weight loss.
- Weight gain often has something to do with hormones. Stress hormones, lady hormones, male hormones, etc. Acupuncture CAN help balance hormones, reduce stress and encourage the body to LET GO (can you hear me singing the Frozen theme song “Let It Go” in the background?)
- Stress/emotional eating is often an issue for people who struggle with weight. Again, we can help reduce stress and anxiety as well as help to balance out brain chemistry that is often involved in cravings.
- Excuses, excuses. We’ve all got ’em — some of us live our lives by them. Are you too tired to work out? Acupuncture can help with that too!
- Got pain? Pain does terrible things to the body and brain, but it can also make it so that you can’t exercise. Address the pain. Don’t give in to it or assume you have to live with it! Come on people … this ain’t as good as it gets!
- There are some ear points and herbal formulas that can help with weight loss, but they can only aid the exercise and nutrition plan that you are already using. They can’t substitute for a healthier lifestyle (trust me, I’ve tried).
So there you go. These are my top ways that acupuncture can help you lose weight. Unfortunately there isn’t one spot I can poke you and you’ll just shrink like a balloon.
You still have to do the work, but we can address some of the underlying issues involved and that can make a huge difference.
Want more info? Check out my good friend Stoney Eskew at http://www.stoneyeskew.com. She’s an amazing weight loss expert and offers so much great insight on how to make REAL changes with her programs.